Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Skywatcher - incoming

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most Skywatcher gear is a clone of something. The ED refractors and EQ5 are Vixen clones for example.

I know! I know! Sarcasm doesn't translate well sometimes does it...I was going to make a gag about it probably being more like a 'slightly stiff and sticky touch' rather than an a 'EZ touch', but I thought better of it.

In an odd turnaround Synta now produce Vixen's SF refractor series and the 80mm version is better value than the SW version. Crazy world eh?

Tony..

Oh no!!!!!! How comes steve!??

Could you possibly point me in another direction as i was hoping to have something special for kielder!!?

I wasn't given an explanation other than that they are upgrading the EQ6 supplied with the 300P.

For observing, I can't think of another OTA/mount setup that offers as much aperture and potential for the price (current RRP £1499). You could always start a new thread and see what others think.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived