Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

M45 Reprocessed

As I did the others from my first DSO session, I thought I'd better complete the set and do M45 as well. A little less aggressive this time and trying to distinguish actual nebulosity from just gradient :-)

Only 30s subs unguided, but still managed to capture a little nebulosity, also been a little less over the top on the background (as the Moon was out and quite near at the time).

ED80 + SW .85 Focal Reducer + Canon EOS 450d (unmodded) on NEQ6

Captured using BackyardEOS

Processed in Maxim DL + CS2

Tony

m45_cropped.jpg

A very good start and you have some nebulosity showing even with those short subs :hello2:

I think it wants more subs, particularly more overall imaging time, to bring out the nebulosity. I've tried stretching the histogram in GIMP and brought out a little more nebulosity - so it is there. Maybe it shows more on your screen - monitors do vary a lot. Here's my try on your posted image :-

post-25795-133877770384_thumb.jpg

Nice shot Tony and good processing work over there Gina, more subs is going to help this one is not as easy as it looks I still want to go back to it and have another go later on this year. Curse this wretched weather..

Archived