Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

first light with my 8" dob

sparkly

hi

well the clouds cleared the other night so i got my first light with my dob, wow i was amazed i was using the standerd eye pieces with a 3 and 1.5 barlow and allso a 6 mm vixen. tried all kinds of combinations and prefared the 20 mm, put the 3 times barlow onto the vixen hmm not easy to focus and it was a very small fov but very entertaining theres mountains on the moon :hello2:.

no stars yet as were to polluted in the garden but the moon was spot on, need a moon filter :).

Congrats on your first light! There are indeed mountains on the moon, as Galileo Galilei found out. So you are following illustrious footsteps! Galileo's discovery might not seem surprising to us, but it shattered the idea that the heavens only contained perfect spheres. Some people even refused to look through Galileo's scope. The idea of abandoning the security of Plato's world view was too much for them.

Hope you get many more nice views with your scope!

congrats on the first light with your scope. i think a 6mm witha x3 barlow is pushing the boudries . like you say the 20mm is good as the image maybe smaller, but tends to be brighter and sharper.

good luck with your set up..

Your 8" will give you some great views of not just the moon. Star clusters, galaxies and nebula will have you glued to the eyepiece unfortunately you just have to wait like the rest of us for this damn weather to clear.

Congrats on your new scope though sparkly. :hello2:

thanks all

just waiting for clear skys now cant believe the weather :hello2:,

i allways thought the moon was fairly flat with the odd large bolder here an there, i am still in shock that there is mountains on the moon.

Archived