NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Dob mount Mk1

8kids

I did have teflon pads on it and they were ok, but I had these rollers in my workshop and thought I would give them a try and I prefered them.

When I get a chance to use it and gain some experience I'm sure I'll want to tweak it, thats why I wasn't bothered what it looked like.The same with eyepieces I need to use what I have and hopefully it will help me choose what I need. (I think that makes sense).

Gary.

Makes a great deal of sense Gary. I have seen rollers used before on mounts and often wondered how well they worked.:)

I shall follow your Dob with interest.:)

I did gather it wasnt the finished article by your first post. And like you say, no point in worrying about asthetics until the design is finalised.

Regards Steve

I've used the same rollers,6 of them as the bottom bearing, they work quite well but I haven't been able to get a good session in yet because of the weather.

Gary.

Archived