Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Coronado pst :cak. Problems?

garethmob

Gareth,

The early problems wiith the rusting of the front ERF coatings on the Ha PST are long gone...

The CaK filter module is completely different and I haven't heard of any problems/ issues with it. Remember the CaK PST is basically for imaging, our eyes are usually not sensitive enough down in the UV to see the detail.

I've read reports of the ERF misbehaving, but with a lot less frequency. (from memory, so forgive me if I'm incorrect) One of the US-based guys that posts regularly on CN is on the 3rd blocking filter. apparently they have a warmer than usual environment or something, but the responses from others have suggested that this rate of degradation is isolated.

I think it was listed in the "how to store your ERF/BF without it degrading" thread.

(but Merlin would have a much more accurate view on the matter)

Ahhh :( ok. The scope unwanted went now I left my phone somewhere by mistake (phones is what i use for interweb)

What solar scopes are out there cheapest. Ignoring whitelight (as I have a Seymour solar filter on my astral)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived