Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Eagle Nebular first light modded 1100d

Auntystatic

Taken at the end of March as it was rising in the East just before dawn.

30 subs iso 800 90sec unguided

20 Darks

stacked in DSS processed in PS

1100D both filters removed, ccd-cls clip in filter, Canon 600mm f4 L lens with a x1.4 convertor on (840mm@f5.6).

I will try this again the first opportunity I get with the x2 convertor on and longer subs, I've just ordered a qhy5 to do the guiding so should get better results, its no Hubble shot but the pillars of creation are visible.

Not sure why but uploading the image here has made it go really red.

post-32662-133877768252_thumb.jpg

I would really like to get a closer view of this, I'm not after Hubble type images but would like a closer look, the problem I have with just using my camera lenses is that I can only zoom in using the 1.4x and 2x convertors.

I'm considering a scope to get a longer focal length, Olly et all persuaded me to stick with the 600mm lens which I have done, but I am finding its limitations, like I can not use it for visual work etc, so I'm looking at the 200/250pds, 190mn, c9.25 or evostar 120ED DS Pro.

My qhy5 arrived this morning so guiding is my next challenge, if the clouds will ever go away that is.

Archived