How to combine planetary R,G & B images?

hi, hopefully one of you fine ladies or gents will be able to help me. I have just purchesed a set of baader LRGB filters for planetary imaging, I dont have a filter wheel so I would have to take individual AVI'S and create individual pic's but im not sure how to combine (RGB) the pics? Is there any software I could download to achieve this? perferably free ha. Then hopefully this weather will clear and I will get a chance to get out and play :-).

Many thanks

Hey Third,

Photoshop works great. Just copy the r,g,b images into the appropriate colour channel (next to the layers tab). You can align them there too. If they are already aligned, and are greyscale, you can use the "merge channels" feature.

Get a filter wheel!!! there is no way you'll be able to change the filters and get everything back together fast enough to avoid field rotation. Especially on Jupiter and Saturn.

Just out of curiosity, what camera are you going to use the filters on? Isn't the SCP900 a SSC?

Cheers

Tim

Hey Third,

Photoshop works great. Just copy the r,g,b images into the appropriate colour channel (next to the layers tab). You can align them there too. If they are already aligned, and are greyscale, you can use the "merge channels" feature.

Get a filter wheel!!! there is no way you'll be able to change the filters and get everything back together fast enough to avoid field rotation. Especially on Jupiter and Saturn.

Just out of curiosity, what camera are you going to use the filters on? Isn't the SCP900 a SSC?

Cheers

Tim

Hi. Yeah it will be the spc900. Is this a good or bad idea? And thanks for the advice

The SPC900 is colour, right? You won't need a filter set or filter wheel. Those are only needed if you are using a monochrome camera.

Cheers

Tim

Thanks I have already bought a filter set as well. It's sods law haha

Archived