Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Anyone tweak wavelets in GIMP?

For planetary images and the moon most people use Registax or similar for the whole process. it has some image enhancement features built into it which seems to be enough. I sometimes do extra processing in PI. Given the output is 8bit there's no reason you couldn't use Gimp for some post processing as you wouldn't loose anything.

i normally use registaxx, but recently started to also use gimp for further tweaking (mainly dodge/burn), so I wondered if I could also use gimp for wavelets to reduce the number of apps I use for image processing.

I've just had a look at the wavelet decompose plug-in but that doesnt seem to do the same as registaxx.

I normally use AVIstack for Lunar and Registax for planetary... the wavelets processing is very similar... I don't know if there's a wavelets plugin for gimp, but I do often use it for finishing after completing the stack/mosaic.

• 1 month later...

Archived