NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Dissecting the Triplet.

ollypenrice

Olly, clever use of data here! So much to like in there! I am still pondering over what to say about the yellow dominance most noticable in M65 - on my screen... A stroke of genious or one push too far... Lyon Balcony Astronomy Newbie Commitee Jury still out.

Makes me keen to revisit LG, but the iOptron is still in the hands of the Germans...

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Olly, clever use of data here! So much to like in there! I am still pondering over what to say about the yellow dominance most noticable in M65 - on my screen... A stroke of genious or one push too far... Lyon Balcony Astronomy Newbie Commitee Jury still out.

Makes me keen to revisit LG, but the iOptron is still in the hands of the Germans...

This yellow thing has bugged me, too, and Tom agrees. I'm doing a rebuild by way of offering an imaging class and it's looking a little better but it does seem to want to come out that way. We combined another colour dataset from last year as well so there is a ton of data to incorporate.

It seems a long time to be waiting for a normal production mount. You are welcome to borrow one of mine if you like.

Olly

So.... Exactly how high do you intend to set the bar?!:rolleyes:

Hats off to you for this set:icon_salut:

Maybe just a little higher :), after finding a bit more colour data from last year; Galaxies - ollypenrice's Photos

Sadly the Adobe RGB colour TIFF is much smoother and can go to half as large again.

Olly

I did an all star colour calibration in PI and then worked in Ps. The second version has a second dose of colour from last year and this significantly reduced the yellow, so it may have come in at the capture stage for some reason. The background sky came out at about 22,22,22 with very little adjusting.

Olly

Archived