NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

W/C 16th April

swamp thing

Hi All

Sorry been a bit busy to arrange anything so far this week, early mornings have made any Astro stuff a no-no. If I don't post feel free to jump in.

Hoping we get some clear ones near the end of the week. Maybe a dark site trip if anyone's up for it? Or RC if it suits you all better?

Let me know what's good.:)

Steve

Cheers Steve, pin me on next time if its the weekend.

Im working away for a while so weekends only for the next month or so, wondering whether to take the scope as will be up in Oxfordshire and there has got to be some good viewing there :)

No worries Tony

I'll PM you directions if we ever get a clear night around the new moon and we're heading down.:)

If I'm cant make it I'm sure Darren, Jamie or tombulgin will meet you. They all know where it is.

Never observed in Oxfordshire so can't help you with that.

Why not try posting on "the lounge" there's bound to be someone that'll see you right.

If it is clear for a bit tonight, it's the peak of the Lyrid meteor shower tonight. Even if it's not worth getting the scope out, there might still be something to see.

Apparently quite bright with decent trails. 10 to 20 per hour but occasionally higher.

Some more info here...

Skywatchers get your sleeping bags ready: Lyrid meteor shower to peak this weekend with light show in the eastern sky | Mail Online

Archived