NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Help! What is wrong with my eyepiece?

Hi all,

Receieved a BGO 7mm and put it through its paces tonight. I thought it would be great but I believe there to be a problem with it.

A pale lighter circle is apparent in the centre of the field of view. I thought perhaps it was my scope but I have tried it on both of my scopes this evening and also compared it with my BGO 5mm.

Searching the net I found this: ASTRO-CHAT - Astronomy :: View topic - Baader genuine Ortho 7mm ep

Who seems to have the same problem.

Anyone got any advice on this? I am guessing its something wrong inside the lenses of the eyepiece but BGO's have always been outstanding quality and performance for me.

Thanks,

I would have thought air circulation would be best to remove any moisture between the lens ?? If I were in the same situation I would probably take it out of your ep case, leave the end caps off and lye it on it's side near an open window out of sunlight.

Well its not water moisture because none of the attempts have helped. I figured it wouldn't be anyway as the centre illuminated part is too crisp an edge. I'm sending it back tomorrow, what a disappointment :)

Archived