Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Not enough inward focus - Tal 100RS, 2" Diagonal and 7mm Nirvana UWAN

Dodge

I recently picked up a SW 2" Dielectric diagonal for my Tal 100RS, and due to it being a much larger beast than the 1.25" stock diagonal, my 7mm Nirvana UWAN now doesn't come into focus, requiring more inward focus than is possible.

It's not really an issue, as since my recent 250PX purchase I'm only using 1.25" EP's in the Tal anyway - but I thought I'd post it here for future reference. I'm guessing it's a combination of the much larger 2" diagonal and the length of the Nirvanas - they're quite long in comparison with a Plossl.

It's the 2" diagonal that swallows up the focuser travel. The Nirvana's focus at around the same position as many other eyepieces that I've tried. I found the same with the TAL 125 Apolar refractor that I tried a while back. I'm sure the Nirvana would come to focus with a 1.25" diagonal.

Archived