Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

What's the best.....

SteveT

I only know about the 'old' models. If you want full solar disk shots go for the DMK41, if you want more resolution go for the DMK21 and do mosaics. Whichever you go for get a short nosepiece otherwise you'll need a barlow to get focus.

Helen

Thanks for that Helen, I'm really undecided on which one to get, I want to use it for lunar/planetary and PST imaging, I have decided on the Mono one though so thats a start, now just need to select best sensor size, are you happy with your DMK21 on the PST then ?

I started with the DMK21 and then bought the DMK41 because I wanted to do full disk shots and as I use an alt az mount I could never get my mosaics to fit together properly. For detail on spots, proms etc and for planetary, the 21 wins, for lunar and full disk solar the 41... As a compromise some people therefore go for the 31 which sits in between!

Helen

Archived