Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

at last!

Mansnake

Well I've just been outside with my new celestron bins that I've recently got from FLO and......WOW. The views completely blew me away!

With the help of google sky I was able to identify a few objects. one that impressed me the most was mars, it wasn't majorly big but you could easily see the orangy red glow. it was quite impressive.....well to a beginner like me anyway.

My hands are now freezing! But well worth it. I have tingling in my fingers......I think it maybe aperture fever setting in lol

You mention Mars but did you get a look at Saturn?

unfortunatly i got caught up in seeing Mars, Venus etc that i completely forgot about Saturn !, ill probably save saturn for a scope to see it in all its glory !.

I did see what i think was a satellite aswel. It was a bright star looking object moving across the sky, no red blinking lights so not a plane. just a bright white light.

Archived