NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

ipad astronomy apps

kiffy

hi guys, i love my ipad and im wondering if anyones got any reccomendations for astronomy apps?

i downloaded scopehelp recently and that looks quite good.. i also got star walk and pocket universe hd which are both quite good but im always after more so thought id ask you guys what your using

SkySafari is the one I settled on. It's very good and has just been updated.

There are three versions depending what features you want.

I use it everyday, plan my observing and imaging sessions with it, and with additional hardware, can even control the telescope.

Cheers

Ian

I too am using SkySafari. It's nice for looking stuff up at the telescope, such as which moons of Saturn I'm seeing or looking up info on a DSO for a outreach event. I still prefer star charts for finding stuff, though. I can get a red light and chart dimmer than the display on the app will go. Also, when the device goes into standby mode it's not possible to get back to the app's night-vision mode without negotiating the fully-lit standby screen.

I use SkySafari+. I can link it to my NexStar 6E. Very impressed with it.

well.. that post sold me! im a 6se user as well :D

im due to get an ipad 3 in a few days so ill hang on and install then.... gota love my mother, she knows how much i love my ipad and being a gadget freak herself (shes in her 70's) she decided she wants one... she also knew that i wanted to upgrade but after spending an arm and a leg recently on astronomy kit couldnt aford toso she said she will but a new ipad 3 and swap with me, having my ipad 2...

Archived