Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Using Digi-camera on video for avi-stack?

Aenima

Am using a regular digital compact with adapter-to-telescope eyepiece to take snapshots afocally. Now having got stacking software and wanting to get to know it for when i get a webcam modded, i wondered if using the camera's video function to capture avi footage is any good to put through registax, say to image moon or saturn for example?

Is this a waste of time?

Anyone have any info on this?

Cheers,

Aenima.

Thanks for the link cornelius, my fuji finepix av250 already uses HD 720p videos which it saves as avi files. It was the thought of using a webcam in the future and needing to learn the software that made me think of my camera - the quality it records in is pretty decent especially when i mentally compare it to what i imagine a cheap webcam would do. Is there special settings or anything? The av250 lets you choose iso (100-1600) and certain other settings, its all lost on me though, I know roughly that iso is light sensitivity but its mostly guesswork.

Thanks for your insight and advice, I am going to take a look at your link now - Cheers.

J

I hadnt realised registax used still shots. Especially as not many of my stills line up very well.

Thanks. Also, Registax-How does it work!!

Even the tutorials are beyond my technical understanding! WAH!

Archived