Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

2 spc900's on 1 laptop

Hi all,

I was wondering is it possible to run 2 Lx modded spc900's on 1 laptop at the same time, 1 for imaging and 1 for guiding?

As they both use the same driver I assume that there would be a conflict. If anyone has any experience of this combination or any recommendations I would appreciate hearing about it.

Luke.

Just a quick update.

Borrowed a cam and tried them both on the laptop running Vista. No joy. First camera selected in sharpcap and runs perfectly. Opened a second sharpcap window and as soon as I try to select the second camera the laptop bluescreens and restarts. Also tried running the second camera in wxastrocapture with the same result.

I have also tried the same on a desktop running XP with the same result.

One last thing left to try. I need to download some different firmware and flash one of the webcams and see if that works. A job for tomorrow I think.

I'll keep you posted.

Luke

Well I managed to download some alternative spc900 firmware, courtesy of Dion on Astronomy Shed (thanks for the link Woody). Flashed one of the LX Modded cams with the new firmware and success. I can now run both spc900's at the same time, 1 in PHD for guiding and the other in Sharpcap for imaging.

Just waiting for the clouds to clear so I can try everything out properly.

Luke

Archived