Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

200p dobsonian or 150P on EQ3-2 mount

For my first scope i was leaning to the 200p dobsonian. However, as i would like to move onto imaging at a later date (and after reading the amazing xbox360 webcam thing) ive decided to go for the 150P on the EQ3-2 mount. I have to ask though, did i make the right choice with a budget of £300?

In some respects yes. It's a tough call to get a recommended setup to cover your hopes with a budget of £300, the 150P is a step in the right direction and the mount should be adequate for webcam imaging of the Moon and planets. DSO imaging would require a higher order of mount and of course budget.

if you spent £3000 you'd still wish for something more.half the fun of stargazing/imaging is trying to get the best out of your limited resources (for me it is anyway). get your 150p and enjoy every minute of it. (except for those darn clouds of course)i've done the "xbox webcam thing" resently and still haven't had any great sucsess apart from the moon but i'm having fun trying.

scott

well i think my best advantage is that im as stubborn as an A£% (atleast thats what my wife says anyways lol :) ) but im really looking forward to giving it ago :)

haha. always helps

yeah i think so too :)

plus ive got an active mind and already got a nice start on making a foam lined bag to carry the OTA on my back (Fenwicks fabric department must love me lol :))to free my hands for all the other bits and bobs im sure to aquire :)

Archived