Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Good Imaging Targets Tonight

Hightower

I'm heading outside in the next hour, and want to try out my new camera. Anybody got any hints for a good imaging target that isn't too difficult?

I have good views to the north, east, and south, but west isn't the best (M42 will be hidden by the time I get out).

I've checked the 'Tonights Sky' website, but it only gave a couple of choices, and all those were 8mag +.

So, it's time to ask the professionals! I won't be out late due to cloud forecast. 8:30 til 10 if I'm lucky.

Not imaging but spent the last hour and a half observing the finer features of Tycho, Clavius and Artistarchus on the moon before swinging down to Saturn. Always a pleasing sight, and tonight I added a moon, Rhea to my confirmed list. Titan was faint but visible with averted vision, and the close pair of Tethys and Dione were visible but not splittable so I'm not going to tick them off!

Great to get out after so many cloudy nights :)

I was just going to go upstairs and start bringing stuff down. Thought I'd better check outside again just to make sure it was clear, and what do I see?! A big thick blanket of cloud. I gave it an hour to see if it was going to clear a bit but after that decided to hit the alcohol.

I was just going to go upstairs and start bringing stuff down. Thought I'd better check outside again just to make sure it was clear, and what do I see?! A big thick blanket of cloud. I gave it an hour to see if it was going to clear a bit but after that decided to hit the alcohol.

Mmmm alcohol. always a good backup for a cloudy nite

I did manage to catch M13 last nite but with the moon so full it was pretty washed out. still, i know how to find it now for the next dark night.

Archived