Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Sky-Watcher Ultrawide Eyepieces

Does anyone have any experience using these eyepieces on an F5 scope? Multi-Coated, up tp 6 elements 66º apparent field of view.

Or any recommendations for mid and low power, I am on a budget so nowt too expensive ;o)

Andy

Hi,

I had a set of these until recently when I upgraded to X-Cel LX eyepieces instead.

I have to say that for the price they were very nice in my f5 SW 150P reflector. Only fault I found was with kidney-bean shadows on a few occasions - not entirely sure why...

Jim

66deg is not exactly ultra-wide for eyepieces...82deg is the start of the ultra-wides..

A 25mm BST Explorer £41 (60deg) would work well if your F5 'scope is a Newt...there aren't many 'budget' ultra-wides

I think the BST's will be better than the Skywatcher (misnamed) UWA's in an F/5 scope. The latter are OK at F/7 and slower though and are, or should be, pretty cheap to buy.

Archived