NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Jupiter at 12 degrees.

GazOC

This is the best image I got from 4 .avis on Wednesday night, it was taken around midnight as the GRS was due to transit around 02:30 and I was hoping to catch that. Consequently Jupiter was pretty low on the horizon at 12-13 degrees. I'm quite pleased considering.... :D

746_large.jpeg]

One better than me Gaz

Well i was sitting outside in Kelling looking at a gin clear sky and i thought "Well i best make the effort to capture Jupiter this year".So i put down the bottle of cold beer and set up the scope.

Fantastic sight Jupiter was giving me and the seeing wasnt to bad......(4 moons and banding on the planet)

Fired up the laptop and started K3ccd and it told me the key expired the day before !!!! :lol::p

AHHHHHHRRRRGGGGGG !!!!! :lol:

Then the led on the mount started to flash to say the power pack was running out !

SO i made a reaquaintance with the Beer bottle and cried into my Pringles :D

Ps nice capture considering

I had to laugh yesterday, I was Googling for some info on a camera and came across a (great) Jupiter image by a guy who was making apologies for it because Jupiter was too low in the sky at......45 degrees!!!!... :D

It made me chuckle and it was a hell of an image. :lol:

Archived