Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

my rudimentary afocal setup

colinn

I'm a noob and haven't got round to getting any accessories yet but I discovered a 32mm plumbing joiner fits snugly over my 20mm ep - and then with some sticky pads at the other end it's a snug fit for the lens barrel on my compact camera ....

SAM_0093.jpg

SAM_0094.jpg

SAM_0095.jpg

SAM_0096.jpg

Hey if it works...it works! :icon_salut:

Just remember, if you plan on imaging, don't do it out your window or above a radiator...or both. :D

The thermal distortion caused by the heat currents will deform your images and make you lose good detail.

Hey if it works...it works! :icon_salut:

Just remember, if you plan on imaging, don't do it out your window or above a radiator...or both. :D

The thermal distortion caused by the heat currents will deform your images and make you lose good detail.

thank you Atlas - will bear that in mind - although that room isn't currently in use so radiator never on

thank you Atlas - will bear that in mind - although that room isn't currently in use so radiator never on

no prob, normal house temps will do the same thing if the window is open. Along with shooting just over a roof. :icon_salut:

Another thought, colinn:

The little compact cameras we have at work have protruding lens barrels, which pop out when they are switched on. Most of them switch off after a few minutes if not used, and when they do so their lenses retract. Does yours do that? If so, might be worth checking that you've switched off the standby feature, or that you've put a big soft cushion underneath your camera!

Another thought, colinn:

The little compact cameras we have at work have protruding lens barrels, which pop out when they are switched on. Most of them switch off after a few minutes if not used, and when they do so their lenses retract. Does yours do that? If so, might be worth checking that you've switched off the standby feature, or that you've put a big soft cushion underneath your camera!

ha - good spot - fell foul of that once - now standby switched off!

that very good, is the camera a pentax?

yes it is

I've since realised that the retracting barrel is, weirdly enough, 1 1/4" or 32mm so I've replaced the sticky pads in the joiner with a bit of 32mm plumbing pipe' sanded down flush

also I if I took the lens out I could use it for primary focus as the barrel fits focusing tube and barlows nicely

CIMG0032.jpg

CIMG0031.jpg

CIMG0033.jpg

Archived