Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Dew Shield for Nexstar 5

Hi,

I need a dew shield for my Nexstar 5 but I don't fancy forking out £30 for the official Celestron version (it looks like it's just foam and velcro !). Does anybody have a suggestion about a DIY alternative and what to make it out of ?.

Links to WWW sites showing how to do this would be appreciated.

Many thanks.

John,

North Somerset.

Hi John,

For my Meade a few years ago i used a very thin camp bed roll from a local camp shop, Cost £3. Cut it to size and bought a strip of Velcro from B&Q to hold it together. It worked as well those floppy dew shields can do.

Certainly worked better than the official BC&F job i bought this year for the Celestron C8. Bleddy thing wouldn't stay together. In the end I decided to buy the official Celestron rigid dew shield from David Hinds. Same price as the floppy job but much much better. Clips nicely in place. I would have thought the Rigid Nexstar 5 dew shield would be around £25. David Hinds do not advertise it on their website, you need to give them a call. It's worth the money.

Russ

Archived