Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Needle galaxy

Viv

Hi all,

Inspired by QM - thought i'd try this one. It's my first proper go at processing as well.

So details :

36 Subs (all at 800 iso) - 6 @400 seconds & 3 @ 280 seconds & 27 @ 240 seconds. As the sky got darker, I increased the times, until I was falling asleep, then gave it & packed up (was about 12:45).

Processed in Pixinsight, oh so much to learn. Some of the steps, especially the masking just didn't want to work - so still trying to deal with that one.

Thanks for looking, any comments on image / processing would be great.

finished.jpg

Thanks Jesper. I'm now using a bahtinov mask & which has made my focusing allot better.

Yes, I have the 45 day trial of PI - which I must admit after today i'm liking lots. Still can't seem to bring colour out, lots of trial, error & more subs needed I think.

I didn't realise you could trial PS - thanks - will look into that.

Yeah it's a 30 day trial, unlimited.

I think some colour signal lives very close to the black point, and if you trace back your processing I guess that at some stage you might have clipped it just a tiny bit too much. That data is lost so cannot be edited or stretched back.

Try going back to this one and be gentle with the black point. Just an idea :-)

Archived