NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

RE-EDIT NGC 6888 CRESCENT NEB IN HA AND COLOUR

CELESCOPE

Well made a pigs ear of this one , its an ok one , but ,and yes excuses , but its true , i was so tired yeaterday , i should not have gone out ,and for the first time since i started imaging, i did not get the focus right , just a tad off hence a not so good image . this one has always caused me a problem for some reasom , like M81 that took me a few years till i cracked it real good , so anyway , Cresecent 41 subs of 60 secs, processed in Maxim ED100 used , with 6.3 reducer HA filter,and Atik 16HR. DONE A BIT MORE WORK ON IT IT WAS A LITTLE SOFT AS STEVE SAID SO THINK THIS IS BETTERRog

image.jpg

image.jpg

Rog, you got the color nicely done. The Cresent is a tough one. I've been able to get Ok color. But, not the fainter stuff as you have captured....Nice re-edit mate.

I was tired last week end and everything went wrong. I wasted an entire night...not one snap worth keeping.... Cheers mate.

Doug

Cheers guys , know what you mean Doug , thought i had made a mess of this one , but like you say , this is a difficult one to get right, the brighter parts are fairly easy to get , but that faint stuff , is something else , one for much longer exposures me thinks, but returning and doing another processing made it alot better

Rog

Archived