NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

My first M51

eddy

Thanks both :(

Im using a canon 350D (unmodded)

The scope is only 80mm (3.1inches)

Dont see why you shouldnt be able to get something with your webcam and setup :( this was using 60second sub exposures, im sure one of the more seasoned pro's will give you some more input than i can! :)

I think ill get some more data on this tonight since for 45mins worth this is a good result :)

Attached is a reference frame with and without LP filter as well :) for £28 its amazing at cutting out that orange glow! Top image is with the filter, bottom is without.

60sec @ ISO1600

post-19027-133877754793_thumb.jpg

so you took this on a dslr,45 pictures overlapped on a scope less than half size of mine without a goto?how did you keep it aligned?that filter is a mustget,thanks.my friend ive just talked too has a canon 400d,we want to connect it up,how or what rings etc do we need,thanks for your help,your pic is inspiring me to get it together and do some imaging,after 2 years of having scope for that reason,lol

Great start Eddie:) and I like you LP filter demo, sounds like something I definately need, where in your optical train do you fit the filter if you don't mind me asking?

Ive got it on the end of my T-Adapter :( Its a deffo must have, as you can see the results are amazing, im sure it does cut out some detail, but for the sake of cutting out that orange murk ill live with it! :)

so you took this on a dslr,45 pictures overlapped on a scope less than half size of mine without a goto?how did you keep it aligned?that filter is a mustget,thanks.my friend ive just talked too has a canon 400d,we want to connect it up,how or what rings etc do we need,thanks for your help,your pic is inspiring me to get it together and do some imaging,after 2 years of having scope for that reason,lol

I found the object using the setting circles on my EQ5 mount, i have the dual motors that track at sidereal rate so that keeps it in view/tracked, using DSLR and Backyard EOS (software to control cam) snapped 45 x 60second images, then used Deep Sky Stacker (free software) to stack the images.

For connecting the camera, you need a t-ring (bit that goes onto the camera inplace of the lens) then a t-adapter, a tube that screws into the t-ring and fits into the focus barrel on the scope. :)

Hope that helps!

PS > Thanks for comments :( I couldnt find M51 again though, not sure why! But i lost my patience and moved onto M52/Bubble, and now just getting some on Double Cluster, will post pics once processed :)

Archived