NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Baader Hyperion 5mm

gooseholla

A certain site was just selling a 5mm hyperion for £25 + £10 p+p (rip off, I know!!!) So I added it to my basket and purchased it... hopefully. Holding my breath until confirmed. But what a scoop that would be!!

Is this eyepiece any good though?

If it is the one on telescope outlet, I believe £35 is a fair price, as the eyepiece has some defects.

It has a small scratch near the edge of the lens nearest to the eye, along with a couple of small visual artifracts probably dust but it is supplied complete with top and bottom caps and pouch, but no original boxin

Good luck with the eyepiece

I saw that one. It's got a small scratch on one of the lenses I believe - hence the low price. That should not affect the views though.

It could well be a real bargain.

Edit: Keith beat me to it !

A fine eyepiece, but a bit "high powered" for my MAKs. If the scratch is well clear of the centre of the eye-lens, unlikely to effect smaller exit pupils. The "artifacts" might well just be dust, introduced between the body and the removable nosepiece (Smyth lens) by a "curious" user? You could get (very) lucky? :(

Archived