Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

200p coma corrector

Hi All,

Ive been trying to take some pics with my nikon D70 connected directly to a explorer 200p and all seems to work ok but im getting horendous light polution from my back garden with anything that isnt straight up. ive just decided to upgrade the D70 to a Canon 550d and was thinking about getting the skywatcher coma corrector so that i can use a 2" light pollution filter but was unsure if i would gain focus with this (the 200p i have is the black one but not with the dual speed focuser).

Does anyone use 1 of these with a 200p and can you get enouth in-ward focus with it to work or will i have to revert to a clip in filter for the light pollution ?

Thanks

I got myself a SW coma corrector recently for my balck tube, single speed 200p. I can confirm that you can reach focus with it and also fit the 2" LP filter and still focus.This is with a nikon d5000

Makes a huge difference to the image, clean stars right to the edge.

Archived