NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

The search for new eyepiece's begins

mik

Hi Guys,

Well ive got the scope and the mount sorted see sig, now the eyepieces :blob10:

As you can see i have the TV 8mm plossl for 112.5x mag this will be nice for views of the moon and wide views of Jupiters moons etc but i am now looking for something in the 5mm area that will offer me a top mag of 180x and i am also looking at a general eyepiece in the 15-20mm range.

i prefer a rubber eyecup fitted and also prefer 1.25 in size as i have quite an extensive filter set.

I quite like the look of the Vixen NPL eyepieces in 6,10.20,30 as a set and what can go wrong with a 2-group 4-element Plossl design at these prices £135 for the set of 4 seems quite good.

This will give me mags of 150x,90x,45x,30x plus the 112.5x offered by the TV8mm seems like a plan whats your thoughts.

He He Paul its the 6mm i want the most giving me 150x is very usefull

I have a 10mm on loan from a local friend and have done a few tests against my 8mm

so far the NPL shows slight ghost image when used on Jupiter it is also slightly mushy towards the edge and it shows less contrast but it is a 10mm.

This is a good eyepiece for the money but it is no way as good as TV Plossl so i guess the search continues "Looks like TV's again"

Archived