NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

I don't believe it !!!!! 2 Major things broken

Catanonia

Is the service something you can buy separately?

After the disaster that was my SGL, mine could really do with it ....

Not sure, hopefully after tomorrow when Peter give me a call with options, I will know.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well no joy at OpticStar. OVL will not service the mount, and I can order a new MCB when they come back in stock in MID MAY !!!!!!!!!

OpticStar won't even replace the board for me, have to do it myself !!!!!! So picked up the mount today not very happy. Not sure if I will ever use them again now.

Frustrated as &*&% I have taken the board out, it looks ok and have read about the L1 and L2 issue. But they are so small on the board I have no idea how to go about fixing them.

It would seem that the EQ6 board has no fuse, it relies on the cigar lighter fuse for protection and if you replace this with a 12V DC unit, then the tiny component on the board acts as a fuse to save the rest of the board. What use that is who knows unless you are a master electrian.

^&%& design if you ask me.

Be warned all those running 12V DC to your EQ mounts.

sorry to hear about the mount cat :) thats a real shame about the replacement, hopefully and its bad to say this but it will be cloudy till may so you wont miss anything

perhaps try posting a wanted add for the bored on Astrobuy&sell you never know

i didnt releise about the fuse it might be good idea in the future to cut the wire and put a fuse in the middle (im not an electronics expert so i dont know if it will work but might)

good luck! ;)

Hi and sympathy

Last week on the clearest night for ages I was all set ready to go and my first image refused to download turned camera off and on and got message "unable to connect to camera" messed about for an hour and gave up. Next day and ever since it's worked ok. Someone up there obviously didn't want there picture taken.

Davey T

Archived