Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

MS Lifecam Conversion - barrel extenders

WakeyTiger

Hi everyone,

I'll be undertaking a MS Lifecam conversion over the next few weeks, for use in Astro imaging. Can anyone recommend a suitable 1.25" barrel extender to use for the new housing? These seem hard to come by...

All help appreciated.

Matt.

Ditto gina! I'm using the spare t adapter from my Revelation kit. S'all good.....i like ghetto mods.

I'm very tempted to get that adapter though >_<

Sent from a Galaxy S 2 far away.

their brilliant quality, just drop it in the housing, feed the wire through the rubber washer and end cap. the nscrew the end cap on and the rubber washer compresses and hold it nice and tight, pop a filter on the front and its a sealed unit

Nice, looks professional hehe i like it.

The easiest way i found was to focus and centre by using a 9mm with 2x barlow, then swapping it out for the webcam...still needs tweaking on the focuser after swapping but it gives something to work with.

Sent from a Galaxy S 2 far away.

heres a few photos i just took for anyone whos interested...

i recently brought the camera and adapter and it looks pretty much the same as your pics except i cant get mine to focus. all i can see is the inside of the barlow lens with a bright circle at the bottom. its like i need to zoom in LOADS! have u added a lens to the front of your adapter because mine hasnt got that on it? :blob10: thanks

Yup you can use it with a barlow. I have used mine with two 2x barlows stacked, it worked fine.

My biggest hassel was removing the lens from the cam, I had lent my soldering iron to my nephew so cut the auto focus leads with a knife.....

Conversion completed this afternoon... Typically it's probably going to be cloudy skies tonight.

Seemed to go well. As above, the only tricky part was desoldering the AF lens. Ended up pulling one of the connections off the PCB, but seems to function fine afterwards.

Hope to post some pics soon.

The case is great too!

Sent by Tapatalk on Samsung Galaxy IIS

I also took a short film of Mars, but even with a ND filter on, Mars appears as a bright white blob, with no detail at all. Anyone suggest a better filter for bringing out planetary detail with the Lifecam?

• 1 month later...

Archived