Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

stellarium idea

Daniel-K

just had an idea is there any way you make you mouse into a telrad finder on stellarium ?? :)

There are two ways to simulate a Telrad reticle in Stellarium.

One is to use the Oculars plug-in. It can display the Telrad circles in the centre of the screen. In the latest version (0.11.2) they can be toggled from the pop-up menu or with a button on the control panel. The pop-up menu is buggy on some systems and appears only when Stellarium is in window mode. The control panel can be enabled from the Oculars configuration window.

The other is to use the Telescope Control plug-in. You can define a "virtual" telescope by choosing the "just simulate a moving reticle" option. For that telescope, enable FOV circles and enter "0.5, 2 , 4" in the list of sizes. After you start it, you can control it with Ctrl+1 and Alt+1 (or whatever is the telescope's number). You can turn off the crosshair and the text label from the plug-in's configuration window.

I'm not in front of my PC at the moment and don't have the details but there are some changes you can make to the .ini file which work.

This won't work in any recent version of Stellarium. That trick used the telescope control client that has been since separated as a plug-in. It stores its settings elsewhere.

Just press Ctrl+B

Again, this should work only in some older versions of Stellarium where the Oculars plug-in uses for control keyboard shortcuts. They were replaced by a pop-up menu, and in the latest version, by a control panel with buttons.

I get the telrad by using alt+o but it will only work if I use the program in window mode (clicking on the box in the menu with the 4 arrows).

Yes, on some versions of Windows the "pop-up" menu is popped under Stellarium's view in full screen. :) You can also switch between fullscreen/window by pressing the F11 key.

And I think I should start offering paid Stellarium support. ;)

Archived