Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Storage advice

Just wondered the best way to store a telescope. About to purchase 150p explorer so will prob live in the conservatory. However I have an 18 month old who is into EVERYTHING at the mo so may have to put somewhere less accessible. Would putting in the shed damage it in any way? Sorry if this sounds ridiculous but this is all new to me!

However I have an 18 month old who is into EVERYTHING at the mo so may have to put somewhere less accessible.

I agree that you should put the 18 month old somewhere less accessible, but a shed is pushing your luck. :)

I keep the pier & mount in the garage and the OTA under my bed, out of reach of the 3 and 5 year old kids. Our conservatory is their play room and I didn't fancy them seeing how fast they could spin the scope or how far down the OTA Thomas The Tank Engine could go before falling to the bottom and using the primary as buffers :)

Archived