8" dob on ebay with nagler thrown in.

rory

i put my 300p on there a few weeks ago 268 that all the auction got to it was a joke to say the least

did you cancel auction? or where you bumped for the scope [thought you could put a reserve on it.]

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
did you cancel auction? or where you bumped for the scope [thought you could put a reserve on it.]

free listing weekend,the dual speed on my 300p is worth 150 on its own now i canceled the sale ebay was fine about it,i have got my mate to put it on astrobuy and sell

Am I the only only who's ears prickle and cocks his head ad wonders what are the chances of two separate sales on ebay at the same time for the same scope plus the same ep's ( a Nagler 9mm no less- something that will bait the fish ?) but from two different sellers with different feedbacks, plus the confusion over the scope and no pics of the ep's ????

Errr .....how's he(they) going to sell the same scope to the winning bidders ???

Caveat emptor!!!!

:(

Not having followed this thread but being a regular user of Ebay, it's a common practice for sellers, that if they feel an item won't reach the figure he has in mind, and there's more than 12hrs left on the auction he can remove it with no penalty, only the original listing fee.

This is actually cheaper than using buy it now listings, especially if he has listed the item on a free listing day. Even on free listing days you are charged for buy it now auctions, so this was obviously him deciding he was going to lose out.

it's a common practice for sellers, that if they feel an item won't reach the figure he has in mind, and there's more than 12hrs left on the auction he can remove it with no penalty, only the original listing fee.

Not the wisest of things to do. Just think if there was a last minute bidding war ending in paying over the odds or a bidder planning to use https://www.ezsniper.com/. The seller would miss out every time removing it 12hrs before hand.

I would disagree actually, if you compare them it looks identical to the 150p photo.

eBay - The UK's Online Marketplace

SkyWatcher Skyliner 150P Dobsonian Telescope Code:10716 | eBay

The key is the finder, the standard 200p 9x50 finderscope is too heavy to put on a 150p so it has a thinner, lighter version.

How bizarre, I've just found thsi thread and noticed that the seller has used a photo of MY 150P (yes thats my scope sat on my patio and it is a 150P like others have said). He must have grabbed the pic from here.

Not sure whether I should feel flattered or annoyed! ;)

Archived