Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

8" dob on ebay with nagler thrown in.

rory

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The auction with the nagler is definitely 200mm, you can just make it out if you zoom in on the sticker on the 2nd pic.

I hope someone who respects what they're bidding on wins the auction :) i would love to bid but i'm buying my first home soon :)

Sent from a Galaxy S 2 far away.

Hummm

Buyer beware, the photos are admitted to not be of the item in question, and there are no photos of the said eyepieces.

There is something a little odd about it but I still expect it will go for a lot higher than the current price.

Thedre are two 200 dobs on ebay. The first is the one in the original post this one SKYWATCHER SKYLINER 200mm/1200mm PARABOLIC DOBSONIAN | eBay. This one is definitely a 200P. The second one also has a TV eyepiece with it Skywatcher Skyliner 200P | eBay is a 200P. the confusion is that the seller of the second telescope has used a photo of a 150PL dob (not his own photo) plus a photo of the actual telescope - a 200P.

Peter

ahhh, my original heads up was for the first you mention. the one from bradford.

i wasnt aware of the second one.

the one i gave the heads up on looks pukka, with e/p pictures. the nagler is worth £ 140 alone i believe.

i cant and wont comment on the other sale

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/260983059716?_trksid=p5197.c0.m619&autorefresh=true

this is the auction im on about...

interestingly one of the e/p's is a tele vue type6 nagler.

as the guy is selling due to it being his deceased brothers,he didnt realise. i brought his attention to the fact its valuable on its own and might be worth selling seperately.

however he thanked me for the info and decided to let it all go in one hit.

On 21-Mar-12 at 22:33:25 GMT, seller added the following information:

i have been informed that the tele vue visionary nagler 9mm type 6 eyepiece is worth around £100.00, it will still be sold with the telescope 23-3-2012

:)

On 21-Mar-12 at 22:33:25 GMT, seller added the following information:

i have been informed that the tele vue visionary nagler 9mm type 6 eyepiece is worth around £100.00, it will still be sold with the telescope 23-3-2012

call me soft or gullable, but it seemed obvoius he hadnt much idea, and it was his brothers. i thought he might make a few extra quid selling the scope and other e/p's seperate from the televue.

the guy is selling due to it being his deceased brothers
it seemed obvoius he hadnt much idea, and it was his brothers..

i have been informed that the tele vue visionary nagler 9mm type 6 eyepiece is worth around £100.00

the nagler is worth £ 140 alone i believe.
call me soft or gullable,

call me soft or gullable, but it seemed obvoius he hadnt much idea, and it was his brothers. i thought he might make a few extra quid selling the scope and other e/p's seperate from the televue.

think you did the moral thing ,wether you did the right thing is up to individuals to decide :) I agree with what you did but then again i ain't bidding on it:)

Forgive me Rory but from the sellers description I see no reason why you would think he needs to know he would get more money if he split the Nagler ? He has put it in an auction with more details than some I have seen and bidders will bid what they bid for the listing. Maybe I'm reading between the lines ? but I got the impression from the ebay revised description and your opening post that you may have offered the guy £100 for the nagler if he'd split. While there is nothing wrong with trying to grab yourself a bargain off someone who obviously hadn't much idea you have to consider this is the guys dead brothers scope. I'm sorry if I have read too much into this and your intensions were genuine.

Dear skipsea-traders,

hi, just to let you know, that the televue nagler eyepiece is worth quite alot of money alone . probably over £100 . thought you might like to know. i would sell the nagler as a seperate auction.

just so your not taken advantage of .

good luck with the sales...

thats a copy of the quick message i sent to him. im aware the sale would find its own bar ,but if the guy has lost his brother ,i wanted him to have the full picture ,so he could make his own mind up. no doubt he would be getting buy now questions ect.

once he knew the tele vue was worth a bit ,he might research and see what the market price is ( which when i messaged him i didnt) but ive not seen naglers under a ton, which is why i quoted such a figure.

i didnt make an offer for the nagler ,id look a right pratt with a cheapo astromaster refractor with a expensive nagler shoved in the end.

i can understand why you would be suspicoius of my intentions, but im afraid you are wrong !

Am I the only only who's ears prickle and cocks his head ad wonders what are the chances of two separate sales on ebay at the same time for the same scope plus the same ep's ( a Nagler 9mm no less- something that will bait the fish ?) but from two different sellers with different feedbacks, plus the confusion over the scope and no pics of the ep's ????

Errr .....how's he(they) going to sell the same scope to the winning bidders ???

Caveat emptor!!!!

i am a little intreaged, if i was buying a 12" i would keep any naglar eyepeice

it does seem strange but they are in different locations and end at different times

i can only hope the one in yorkshire didnt do a search on ebay, come across the other ebay and copy the details form that........as the 2nd does say they are generic images and the scope is boxed up.....

Of course I accept.no apology needed. I just prefer straight talk if there's something to be said.

So let's not mention it, I've already forgot what we were on about;)

If you look back through the feedback list, Skipton-Trader, sold a scope in March 2010. MEADE EXT-90EC TELESCOPE WITH TRIPOD FAULTY (#260562647378) for £225.

He sells regularly, and might normally be expected to want to maximise his revenue. But may be sentimental about his brother's scope, so not interested in this case - that's why he doesn't want to sell as split items.

Archived