Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

turn left at orion

I have just taken delivery of the newest version (edition four) which has an extended object list. To my shame, I haven't read the earlier versions but I'm delighted with the latest one and it has a very convenient wirebound spine so it opens flat for use outside with you while you are observing.

I bought mine last week. Look for the edition that says 'Hundreds of night sky objects' rather than 'A Hundred ...'.

Richard, your (signature) mention of a flask of hot coffee hurts! The day after my copy arrived I spilled a whole mug of coffee over it, and now the pages are all stuck together at the spiral binding!

Get the latest version (spiral bound). Has more objects and therefore more info. Saw it at the astronomy society and have ordered a copy today from Amazon £16.09 + p&p.

oh no i was robbed. i just ordered from amazon for £16.10 but then again p&p was free. lol

the 4th edition is alot bigger in content,with each object described and sketched through both small telescopes as well as larger appeture's ( around 8-10" )

due to dobs being so popular and affordable.

as well as having up to date tables.

having said that ,ive seen older editions sell for under a fiver. and they are still very usable. as the objects they speak of are still up there in the skies .

Forth mate. It's a brilliant book and for fifteen quid you can't go wrong. Had mine 3 months and I take it out every time I mange to get out. Don't spill your beer over it though and the paper dosnt like getting damp....but it dries outll enough ......sg ....

Archived