NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

In the UK Saturn is rising around 10.30 so depending if your in open space it shouldnt be too late to see it.

I've got a skywatcher 200p, and I get crisp imagines when obserbing, and that's using a Barlowed 10mm which arn't of the best quality (supplied with scope). But you can make out the rings easily, and its just breathtaking (:

Jupiter is trickier for me as I've not got a nice clear image yet but I think that's diwn to the EPs some what.

10:30pm to bedtime last night I had a fantastic view of Saturn in WSW-SW through my SW 130p. It was my first time viewing it after giving up on Mars earlier in the evening. I was amazed at how clear the rings and definition of the planet were and that was peering through the light pollution that we get around us. It was too bright initially but with the off-axis mask in place the definition really came out.

10:30pm to bedtime last night I had a fantastic view of Saturn in WSW-SW through my SW 130p. It was my first time viewing it after giving up on Mars earlier in the evening. I was amazed at how clear the rings and definition of the planet were and that was peering through the light pollution that we get around us. It was too bright initially but with the off-axis mask in place the definition really came out.

I hope y'all spotted the deliberate mistake. ;-)

Just in case you didn't I meant ESE-SE ...don't ever ask me for directions!

Archived