Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Atik 314L+, and my 250

johnb

Hi

My current imaging setup is in my signature, I have access to a Atik 314L+, which apparently includes a filter wheel. I have never used a CCD before so am not sure were to start.

So obvious question is what capture software is available and does this control the filter wheel as well, how does one focus a CCD ?

Oh I guess Im going to see some benfit \ difference over my Cannon450d

Regards

John B

Welcome to the world of CCD imaging John!!

I use an Atik 314L and use the Atik Artemis software that came with it. I think if you don't have the CD then it is available for download on the net. Alternatively you could use Maxim for capture, but I always find it a little clunky. If you have an Atik USB wheel then Artemis can control that as well. Of course, driver dependant, Maxim can control a whole host of wheels I am sure.

In order to focus I use a combination of a Bahtinov mask and Bahtinov grabber (Free software on the net). I set the software to continuously loop, so that it will just keep taking images and putting them on the screen (not saving them) and then set the exposure for 2 sec. Then with the mask on and the software working, I can focus easily.

Archived