Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

My poor attempt...

Hey guys, so i managed to get some data on IC405 this evening, 1st time with a polar scope so wasnt perfect, and only managed 60sec subs.

BUT....if you look at the image, i did manage to get SOME detail out although badly framed (i had the 5 bright stars in mind, and NOT the actual business bit) i imagine that:

a) It needs more data (LOTS MORE?)

:) Needs better darks (i took them using the camera lens NOT the telescope and only 30secs, not 60secs to match the subs)

c) no flats.

I noticed that there is some vignetting that is still there (or is this a gradient?), even though i am using 2" adapters, is this only removable via flats?

Details :

Starwave 80ED F/7

Canon 350D (unmodded)

EQ5 with motor Drives

35 x 60sec subs

10 x darks

5 x bias/offset

Any comments welcomed! :)

Even though its a bit of a dodgy image, i loved every minute of it, and cant wait to add some more data tomorrow night :)

post-19027-133877748685_thumb.jpg

The more data the better. But its a pretty good start. But you did do your darks wrong which might be taking more away from the image than adding. The darks need to be identical to the lights. Same exposure, ISO, temperature, everything. So you do need to go back and retake your darks with your camera attached to the scope. That will help a lot. And since bias are so quick might as well take more. But the lights have good data.

Thanks guys (and girls)

I stacked in DSS with the data from above, then re-processed it in PS CS5 ;)

Im thinking about re-doing it this evening, now do i keep the data i already have, or reframe it and start again? ;)

Have i managed to get the main portions of the nebula framed well? I based it on the big stars in the middle, but looking at it, ill cut of 1/2 the good part to the right LOL

Many thanks

Archived