Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

eyepiece repair cleaning

Collyer911

hi

after using my delos over christmas on a windy cliff i capped and put away,

after not using for a while i took out and noticed fine sand and grit around the lense,

after gently cleaning and using a blower on the lens i find nothing will come into focus and the delos will now not lock and just twists and twists...

i realise i have damaged the eyepiece and was wondering if anyone new of a repair cleaning service offered by anyone?

andy

Sorry to hear about this issue with your Delos.

Tele Vue will clean and service eyepieces. Their actual labour costs are quite reasonable but the insured delivery to and from the USA drives the overall price rather high unfortunately.

Otherwise you should probably contact one of the Tele Vue dealers in the UK and ask their advice. The leading dealer in the UK for Tele Vue used to be Venturescope but they merged with the Widescreen Centre a couple of years back. The latter may be worth a phone call though:

Telescopes UK: Telescopes & Telescope Accessories in your only London shop

Archived