First night viewing.200P eq5

Yay,after spending all day getting my scope together and setting it up,I finished about 8 pm so I was delighted when I looked outside and saw a clear sky.

I think it needs a little collimating tomorrow but I still got to see stuff.

I started with the 25mm ep just to have a browse round and I was amazed at how many stars were up there compared to using my eyes.

I moved to the 10mm and again it was very nice.

I then switched to the 5mm x-cel ep and found what I thought was a planet.Got rather excited wondering what I found,when I remembered the focus and it turned out to be just a distant star.:)

Oh before I forget I have a question.

Where was the moon tonight?I looked everywhere between 9pm and midnight.

Overall I was well impressed with the scope and can't wait until tomorrow night.I'll make a flask of coffee tomorrow.

Danny.

If you have a smartphone, I recommend Google sky as a reference to planet and moon positions. It isn't always exact, but still is a good tool to familarise yourself with where everything orbits.

Glad you had a good evening of sights and observations today. I got my scope yesterday so had to stay up for the moon. Had a rather pleasant half hour with what seemed to be some mountain range, perhaps Montes Alpes.

If you have a smartphone, I recommend Google sky as a reference to planet and moon positions.

If you have an iPhone, I can recommend an app called Star Walk. You hold it up to the sky and it shows you what you are looking at; you can search (it will put an arrow on screen to show you where to find the object) and has many, many other functions.

If you have an iPhone, I can recommend an app called Star Walk. You hold it up to the sky and it shows you what you are looking at; you can search (it will put an arrow on screen to show you where to find the object) and has many, many other functions.

I just downloaded that for iPad.cool looking app that.Thanks.:)

Danny.

Good to hear you had a gret first night Danny. First of many :). That app should be good too - my wife is going to get that for her ipad too.

By the way, Qualia - good to see you got your scope too (excellent choice, as a fellow TAL owner :))

Archived