Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Skywatcher Or Celestron

I've noticed a lot of people here have the Skywatcher Newtonians and have read quite a lot about them and how good they are.

But.......

I've also been reading up about Celestron NGT reflectors too.

The specs on them look good and the mounts look really solid.

I'm after either a 150 or 200 but just weighing up the odds such as which one is better and how big they both are due to space restrictions.

I'd like the 200 but think it may be a little big for storage.

Has anyone had any experience with the Celestrons?

The 200p is a bit of a beast size wise, but once setup it's great to use. I've not had too much luck with planets with it, but im still a noob myself. The EQ5 mount just about suits my needs but I need an upgrade already since I started taking pics.

Thank's guys, Might have to go for the 150PDS for AP but I do like the simplicity of a Dob.

Might have to get both lol.

The only thing that puts me off of a 150 is the EQ3-2 mount. Might have to see if they can upgrade it to an HEQ5

Hi

Take a look at this thread - you will get ideas of the various sizes of scopes out there:

http://stargazerslounge.com/beginners-help-advice/128173-look-size-thing-7.html

My scope is on page 7 and i believe there is a standard 150p earlier in the thread.

The setup is a 2 part setup process - take the mount out and extend the legs, align etc, then get the OTA and attach it. Not really managable in one lump - mainly due to awkwardness rather than total weight.

Chris

Archived