Seems well ot

Received my tal 150p today and set up has not been easy, mount took a while to work out but got there in the end.

Followed the instructions for aligning finder scope but they say focus on an object 400 yards away, problem is can't see anything that far away apart from trees.

So I decided to move on and maybe leave that until dark and read about collimating , it says when you look through focused you should see the secondary mirror central to the draw tube and that your reflected eye should be in the centre.

Neither one are central and my eye is well off.

Next I put the Cheshire I bought in the focused and looked through the little hole in the top at the crosshairs and the centre of them is way off the mirror.

Help please is the secondary out or the main one.

Try to align the secondary first as much as poss

use one full turn to release centre screw, adjust the 3 outer ones until your as close as pos, re do centre screw, again use the 3 outer to get closer.

next move to primary and adjust the 3 nuts on the base to align

You may have to repeat this from secondary and primary more than once to get it right.

ps, the chesire will be loose and wobble, as its not quite the same fitting, try a bit of masking tape around it for a better fit

The Cheshire seem pretty secure with no wobble , thanks I try these , wishing I,d gone for the refractor now

It does get frustrating, but it's not as difficult as it first appears. Also, it doesn't have to be dead on, particularly for visual. Don't worry too much, and try to get the scope outside and see what the views are like, then worry about collimation and polar alignment :)

Been having a furthur look after sorting kids out and I just put my hand on secondary mirror and it was very loose so it must have

moved in transit, I have straightened it now so the crosshairs are

pretty much in the middle of the secondary but will have to leave it for tonight as its quite misty out.

Little tip for adjusting the primary in daylight, if you can't see the spot clearly on a collminater

Have your scope level, and pointing at a mirror, you should see the laser beam, and able to adjust accordingly from there. Wont' be 100% but close enought.

Archived