NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Memory Lane

After the enforced abstinence of the last few weeks,what a release to see the stars again! And how they have moved on since my last visit!! It was like coming home to find all the furniture in the house had been moved around and new pieces added. I had to shift mental gears to comprehend what was what and where what was.

No heavy Goto mount. No camera. No laptop. No cables or multitudes of eyepieces,just me, a small refractor, a 40mm EP,light tripod,a patio chair and the stars! Bliss!

I took a cruise along the Milky Way. Just a slow meander through the stardust enjoying the view. There seemed no need to know the name or number this or that point of light just sit there and wonder at it all. A few familiar faces crossed the view of course and I would mentally tip my hat to them but would pass on in a slow kind of way to the next string of pearls or misty patch of luminescence. Very much a trip down memory lane.

I can't think of appropriate adjectives to describe my feelings but I'm quite sure you know what I mean.

(The hot drink and ham and cheese sandwich were good as well but not quite in the same class as the view.)

Cloud Starwatcher

Good to hear you got some observing in. I also got out last night for the first time in weeks. It seems like ages since last time. By the end of the night I was looking at the double cluster and M31. Even Auriga was coming up above the horizon. It seems like only a couple of months ago that it was disappearing from view.

After the enforced abstinence of the last few weeks,what a release to see the stars again! And how they have moved on since my last visit!! It was like coming home to find all the furniture in the house had been moved around and new pieces added. I had to shift mental gears to comprehend what was what and where what was...............

CW you're a poet !! V nice and warming

karlo

In Welsh Wales we call linguistic wizards "BARDD"~ Bards in your native tongue.

After that little piece of perfect dreamy prose, you almost deserve the title.......but you should have done it in Cymraeg. :wink:

CW - The Naked Astronomer!

The hot drink and ham and cheese sandwich were good as well

You should try a butter croisant with emmental cheese and honey roast ham, with a pint of Murphy's and Sibelius on the Ipod.

JV

After that little piece of perfect dreamy prose, you almost deserve the title.......but you should have done it in Cymraeg. :wink:

You should try a butter croisant with emmental cheese and honey roast ham, with a pint of Murphy's and Sibelius on the Ipod.

JV

Finlandia perhaps?, well I like it. :cool:

JV

Praise indeed! Thank you JV.

I knew I shouldn't have dropped the Welsh Language Course! My wife,Bronwen,is half Welsh,does that make up for it?

'Bardd' has a certain ring to it I must say. Course,if we're talking Eisteddfods here, the thought of dressing in white bed linen and being carried shoulder high in a rickety old chair to the sound of harp music dampens the appeal somewhat! No offence...

I think a croissant might just have turned a bit 'rubbery' by 2am the next day but the rest of your menu sounds good although I think maybe Holst would have been more appropriate than Sibelius.

By the way is Cymraeg anywhere near Cardiff. :cool:

CW

PS Do you know what? I could'nt find this thread first off....I would have sworn I had put in the Astro Lounge! Must take my pills.

Finlandia perhaps?, well I like it. :wink:

You are talking about vodka aren't you?

I only ask as we used to have a Finlandia TV.

CW

:nono: :nono: :nono: Da musik maan, Da musik, Bootiful piece of woik. :cool:

:nono: :nono: :nono: Da musik maan, Da musik, Bootiful piece of woik. :cool:

Oops! Humble apologies Ron! How very crass of me. :wink: (I must still have been thinking of JV's menu.)

I see you are not only a Sibelius fan but you also speak perfect Finnish!

CW

Archived