Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Firts go at dso`s

todd8137

HI all wll gave every thing a run last night,well i say try did every thing as per the book (well the bits a did read.

i did about 15x 20sec pluss 25 darks (yes a did save them Stephen thanksfor the tip) and gave it a go ngc 884, m13, Pleaides .

I did no flats or what ever ya call them hahahah the name of them slips me at the min all in all i think they great not on the par of the super guided (soon to be guided) but for what they are am happy could have cropped them a bit better and my editing skills are not great ,here they be gentle tips and tricks welcome if ya think they bad say they are input is important to me good or bad cheers Pat

post-22639-133877745846_thumb.jpg

post-22639-133877745851_thumb.jpg

post-22639-133877745855_thumb.jpg

post-22639-133877745861_thumb.jpg

post-22639-133877745867_thumb.jpg

post-22639-133877745872_thumb.jpg

I like your M13 came out very nice and for a first go at DSOs thats a great start, would suggest more subs try increasing them to 30 or 60 seconds unguided ISO 800 or 30 seconds ISO 1600 after that you can spend more time learning the processing skills in photoshop. I have a set of tutorials on my utube channel that cover most of the methods used for processing you will find them in my blog. With guiding set up you will be a busy imaging bee

@ Quatermass it was just a run to see if it would work ,i will train the PEC next time more subs are needed but did not have long and next time i will get more subs but i was happy with just getting some thing

chers Pat

That's a very nice start Pat. Globulars are always good and not so hard to process as galaxies or nebulae. It looks more like M3 to me rather than M13 though :)

As QM says, more subs and longer subs if you can before the stars start streaking. Keep at it :)

That's a very nice start Pat. Globulars are always good and not so hard to process as galaxies or nebulae. It looks more like M3 to me rather than M13 though :)

As QM says, more subs and longer subs if you can before the stars start streaking. Keep at it :)

it is M3 my mistake there ,am chuffed with it a no its not the best but for the sub length of the subs this will be my training target for the time be in what other easy target are out there ?

thanks Pat

That's a good start Pat, I like your M13 can't wait to have a go at that one myself.

thanks am sure its m3 i may have made a mistake not to worry tho another year or so and i should be better or so i hope

cheers Pat

it is M3 my mistake there ,am chuffed with it a no its not the best but for the sub length of the subs this will be my training target for the time be in what other easy target are out there ?

thanks Pat

If you fancy a challenge have a go at M81. It's quite high in the sky right now. If you are using your C9.25 I don't think you'll get both M81 & M82 at the same time but I could be wrong.

You'll need to take a shedload of short subs, try and get up to about 1min a go if you can. :)

If you fancy a challenge have a go at M81. It's quite high in the sky right now. If you are using your C9.25 I don't think you'll get both M81 & M82 at the same time but I could be wrong.

You'll need to take a shedload of short subs, try and get up to about 1min a go if you can. :)

we clouded out for days here so soon as ....

Archived