I have just uploaded a load of 3D photo's of:

Galaxy's

Planets

Nebula

Moon

Asteroid's

Comet's

:D

to a website called 3Dporch where you can view wiggle 3D images, cross eyed 3D images and best of all GLASSES FREE 3D using a NINTENDO 3DS or 3D camera with 3D viewable screen or a 3D TV.

kenmyers's 3D Photos (3D Porch)

:hello2:

To view on a Nintendo 3DS just click an image and then press DOWNLOAD .MPO and the 3D picture will display on the top screen. You can then download it to your SD card if you wish using the button provided.

:)

I have posted a similar thread in imaging but I have updated the amount of photo's considerably and feel posting here will get newbies with friends who may have a 3DS to enjoy these amazing pics to really show depth to these wondrous objects

I have nothing to do with the 3D website, i just used it to upload the photos to a 3DS compatible website

I'm just wondering..... How can you see '3D' images of an object that's so incredibly far away?

In reality, planets, stars etc look like flat 2D object anyway, seeing as our vision is based on two eyes only a few inches apart. To see any noticeable 3D effect on even the moon, your two eyes would have to be thousands of miles apart at the very least.

Am I wrong here???

Roy.

I'm just wondering..... How can you see '3D' images of an object that's so incredibly far away?

In reality, planets, stars etc look like flat 2D object anyway, seeing as our vision is based on two eyes only a few inches apart. To see any noticeable 3D effect on even the moon, your two eyes would have to be thousands of miles apart at the very least.

Am I wrong here???

Roy.

(none of photos taken by me, I am not that good, full credit to the experts I just convewrted to 3D)

You are correct. 100%.

The images I have used to create these 3D pictures are real photos and are not edited at all.

The trick is to use one image from say this week and one image from say 6 years ago. (check the saturn one, images taken 10 years apart)

Another way I have done it is using real 3D cameras aboard the MRO taking 3D photos of mars (so they were easy)

Another way is waiting for a planet to not only rotate slightly but also wobble slightly and use the differing images to form a solid 3D photo illusion (one of the moon that hurts your eyes)

The photos of nebula are taken litterally years apart, except the supernova remnant, I googled it and found left and right images and combined them.

I hope these responses helped.

I don't know if you have a 3DS but do you like the images?

Interesting stuff :)

The Spirit and Opportunity rovers on Mars are equipped with stereo cameras and have produced some 3D images. You need the red / green glasses to view them. They are the 4th heading on this JPL web page:

Mars Exploration Rover Mission: Multimedia

I have an interesting book called Stereo Star Maps by Richard Monkhouse and John Cox that uses the same technique on constellations and galaxies. It's pretty illuminating to see a well known constellation like Orion in 3D and realise that the pattern in the sky that we see has no relationship at all from other perspectives.

Interesting stuff :hello2:

The Spirit and Opportunity rovers on Mars are equipped with stereo cameras and have produced some 3D images. You need the red / green glasses to view them. They are the 4th heading on this JPL web page:

I have an interesting book called Stereo Star Maps by Richard Monkhouse and John Cox that uses the same technique on constellations and galaxies. It's pretty illuminating to see a well known constellation like Orion in 3D and realise that the pattern in the sky that we see has no relationship at all from other perspectives.

Brilliant find! Thank you, I will see if I can do the same with these.

I have a tool to convert anaglyph to 3DS :)

So I will try upload these photos tonight or tomorrow night to the same album.

I love Orion in 3D, it really is amazing. I am looking for all of the constallations and hope to at least collect the main ones for my 3D gallery too. I would love to see Ursa Major in 3D.

Interesting stuff :)

I tried to convert them but it appears I need the left and right images seperate before the tool I use can convert to glasses free 3D.

These are 2D already and I cant split them :) sorry.

Archived