Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Full Disk - 11/03/2012

samtheeagle

It was a glorious day out today, so my awesome PST had to come out to play :) There was a bit of thin whispy cloud around, but on the whole it didn't cause too much trouble. After a bit of visual time at the EP my imaging side took over, and here's the result of my efforts:

post-16299-133877745479_thumb.jpg

I'm very pleased with the result, clearly the conditions were good. I also made use of my new high tech bit of kit, a piece of black material, to shield the computer screen to aid focusing and tuning the PST. It was a great help, and well worth the £5 investment.

It was indeed a fabulous day. I had been away and got back around 3.30 so popped the PST out straight away. The sun looked very lively today. Plenty of detail to be seen visually which your image shows well, plus some lovely prominences. The big sunspot group was amazing, wasn't it?

Nice image :), thanks

Stu

Thanks for the comments all :)

This shot is a mosaic of 6 panes, taken with a mono modified SPC880. Each avi was 300 frames, captured at 10fps. Registax 6 was then used, with the best 100 frames from each avi stacked. Then I used Microsoft ICE to knit the panes together, and finally I did a small amount of brightness tweaking in photoshop to help reduce the seams that were apparent due to the "sweetspot" of the PST.

I am extremely pleased with the results I got today. I've just compared it to a previous full disk I captured, and this one blows it away in terms of detail.

I have some more captures, taken with a 1.6x thread on barlow, that I still need to process, as well as a load of prominence data too. I'll post them here as and when I finish them up.

Archived