Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Guide scope on counterweight bar

Stinky_Pete

during my usual weekend morning windowshopping online for telescope bits and gadgetry i came across this

Counterweight Shaft Camera and Accessory Mount

Mount for Cameras and Accessories to the Counterweight Shaft

have anyone out there tried one of these? my guess it would make balencing a bit harder but overall strain on the mount (im my case a CG5 getting a bit heavy for astro) a bit less

what are your views folks?

s

It's quite a convenient way of adding extras instead of more counterweights. A caveat though, if you added a guide system to the CW bar, independent flexure between this and the main scope could cause problems.

• 3 weeks later...

I have one of these (ordered from Bern at MA) and it's great for mounting a little 70mm scope or a camera with a 135mm or 200mm lens on the same mount as my C8. I don't do astrophotography to a serious enough level to worry about differential flexure. Very happy with it and, to my surprise, it seems to clamp really securely on the counterweight shaft.

Archived