Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

A night with Orion

Fenriz

Hi guys

A lovely clear night here last night, spoilt by mr blobby. Still had to make use of the clear skies.

My first target was NGC2024 and IC434 which was 30 x 120s @ ISO800, 10 x dark, 10 x flat, 10 x bias. Some serious gradient on there, even GradientXTerminator couldn't remove it.

spacer.gif

Next up was NGC1977 & M42 which is finally in a position I can image it, so here it is 30 x 60s @ ISO800, 7 x dark, 10 x flat, 10 x bias

spacer.gif

All comments and suggestions welcome....

post-25285-133877742719_thumb.jpg

post-25285-133877742727_thumb.jpg

Not bad for the small amount of data, but both seem to suffer from a 'tiger stripe' pattern (more pronounced on the first one)? Is this on the original subs, or is it an artifact produced by the processing? Do you know what is causing it?

Would Mr Blobby, by any chance, be a streetlight?

[i've heard of people naming their scopes, but streetlights ... :D?]

Great captures especially getting the geegee with 2min exposures. I was wondering about the stripes too, I have no real idea mind but if you tilt your head abit to the right it reminds of those Ronchi signals the mirrror makers talk of I dont suppose there is an issue with your mirror/collimation?

Thanks for all the comments.

As far as I know I've collimated correctly, and have collimated the laser collimator as best I can, but that doesn't mean it could still be slightly out.

Archived