Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

More star trails

Tonight is crisp and clear so I thought I would give some more star trails a go.

With the moon being quite prominent and with using a 10-22 lens set to 10 I was restricted with where I could shoot so ended up with houses on the right but I quite like how it frames the shot.

I shot large jpg and RAW and I'd only put a 4gb card in (doh!) so it wasn't long before it was full, hence the short trails but here it is.

starryeyes-albums-widefield-picture16090-stackedimagesmall.jpg

I've currently got another on the go as I type this, I've had to swing further round to the right as well as the moon has come around more.

Thanks Jamie,

Here is the next, this was shot at 200 ISO, 10 second exposures @ f/4

starryeyes-albums-widefield-picture16109-stackedimage2small.jpg

The problem I then had as you can see is the moon came across.

I then cropped it down to this.

starryeyes-albums-widefield-picture16110-stackedimage2smallc.jpg

Still a bit of glow from the moon but not as distracting.

Thinking of trying even further across to the right next time and turning portrait as I think I might just catch Polaris in the shot.

Here is tonight's attempt. It kept being interrupted by passing cloud but this is made up of a section of cloud free images.

I think I'm going to have to go back up to a higher ISO to bring out more of the fainter stars.

starryeyes-albums-widefield-picture16143-stackedimagesmall.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Archived